Statement of Faith
The Church shall firmly hold to the following doctrines as fundamental truth:
- The entire Holy Bible, consisting of sixty-six books, is the inspired Word of God and is without error in the original writings. It is perfect truth, unchangeable and is the divine and final authority for doctrine and deed.
- The one true God is the Creator and Lord of heaven and earth and of all things created, including humanity and is eternally self-existing in three persons - Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God - the Word incarnate - conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on the cross. On the third day, Jesus Christ rose from the dead, ascended into Heaven and is the only mediator between God and man.
- The Holy Spirit is the Counselor to all believers. He convicts people of sin and leads them to repentance. He abides forever with believers, leads them into the truth, and sanctifies them.
- The human race was created according to the image of God, but the sin of the human race put people into a state of depravity and condemnation. Each person must be born again by the Holy Spirit through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ alone for salvation and for the forgiveness of sin.
- The church universal is the body of Christ, who is its head. The church is the family of God, consisting of all born again Christians who are eligible for and encouraged for membership in the local church.
- On the last day, at the consummation of redemption, Christ will come again, personally and visibly to the earth, to judge the living and the dead; there will be a bodily resurrection of the dead, of the believers unto eternal life, and of the unbelievers unto condemnation.