Jesus spoke more about our relationship with money than any other topic. Giving is a part of our worship and DNA. We believe giving cheerfully and sacrificially is an act of worship that blesses the giver as much as the receiver.
Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. - 2 Corinthians 9:7
Among many reasons the scriptures give us for why we should give, one that should move your heart most directly, is because it makes us more like Christ. Being a disciple of Christ is becoming more like him: in attitude, appearance, and heart.
Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on. - Mark 12:43-44
Giving is absolutely essential to following Christ.
When we give out of love for Christ, and with a generous heart, it causes many changes within us. Here are a few verses to think about:
- To direct our attention and heart matters directly to our Creator. (Matthew 6:21)
- To acknowledge and confess that all things belong to him. (I Chronicles 29:11-12)
- To submit and trust everything to God. (Deuteronomy 14:22-23)
Scripture is very clear: God wants us to give sacrificially and he wants us to give with Joy. At FBCC, we believe giving represents an opportunity to stretch our faith and according to Malachi 3:10, it is a chance for us to test the goodness of God.
WAYS TO GIVE
In order to receive the appropriate documentation you need for tax purposes, your name and address must be clearly identifiable on your check.
- Place your gifts in an offering basket or box during worship service
- Give Online via eCheck or credit card
- Mail your contribution to the church office
- Donate your assets (like stock)